Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD)
- U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
- Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
- Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
- Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
- Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
ROC(24 October 1945) PROC(25 October 1971)
- Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
- Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
- East Germany (1992 after the fall of the USSR) 18 September 1973
- Albania (14 December 1955)
- Armenia (2 March 1992)
- Azerbaijan (2 March 1992)
- Belarus (24 October 1945)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (22 May 1992)
- Bulgaria (14 December 1955)
- Croatia (22 May 1992)
- Czech Republic (19 January 1993)
- Estonia (17 September 1991)
- Georgia (31 July 1992)
- Hungary (14 December 1955)
- Kazakhstan (2 March 1992)
- Kyrgyzstan (2 March 1992)
- Latvia (17 September 1991)
- Lithuania (17 September 1991)
- Macedonia (8 April 1993)
- Moldova (2 March 1992)
- Poland (24 October 1945)
- Romania (14 December 1955)
- Slovakia (19 January 1993)
- Slovenia (22 May 1992)
- Tajikistan (2 March 1992)
- Turkmenistan (2 March 1992)
- Ukraine (24 October 1945)
- Uzbekistan (2 March 1992)
- Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
- Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
- Do away with all loyalty oaths.
- Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
(Democratic Party is close, Republican Party has been compromised)
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Gain control of all student newspapers.
- Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
“More than 30 cities across the United States have removed or relocated Confederate statues and monuments amid an intense nationwide debate about race and history.” – Christopher Carbone
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
- Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. “Our political system no longer works. The public servants representing us no longer have our best interests at heart. To think that my tax dollars are going to investigate Benghazi again makes me puke. Cheers to the founding fathers for making an effort. They tried. But the Constitution, as it is written, is no longer functional; it can’t compete with money, technology, big business, political corruption, and Ryan Seacrest’s Twitter feed.”- Galanty Millerhttps://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-constitution-is-outdated_b_5439334“The American Constitution is an outdated, malfunctioning piece of junk — and it’s only getting worse.” – Ryan Cooperhttps://theweek.com/articles/750816/americas-constitution-terrible-lets-throw-start-over“I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012. I might look at the constitution of South Africa. That was a deliberate attempt to have a fundamental instrument of government that embraced basic human rights, have an independent judiciary. It really is, I think, a great piece of work that was done.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Egyptian revolutionaries following the “Arab Spring”
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
- Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
- Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
USA Patriot Act NDAA 2017 (specifically, the nullification of the U.S. Information and Educational Exchange Act of 1948 a.k.a Smith–Mundt Act)
- Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.(formally terminated on January 14, 1975) https://www2.gwu.edu/~erpapers/teachinger/glossary/huac.cfm
- Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
- Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
- Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
(Red Flag Laws / TAPS Act)
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
(“It takes a village”, Child Welfare Offices)
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use “united force” to solve economic, political or social problems.
Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
- Internationalize the Panama Canal.
- Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court
“But there may be no need for a Senate vote as the United States can simply positively affirm the right of the United Nations to have jurisdiction over certain domestic matters. The Connally Reservation does not prevent the Court from assuming jurisdiction, it simply requires American compliance. This has already occurred with the monitoring of the 2012 elections. The American people are beginning to demand a world community presence in this country to stop the systematic abuse of the poor and minorities, so the International Court should be seen as a positive refuge for our grievances.” https://nakedcommunist.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/45-repeal-the-connally-reservation/